High-performance sustainable fire extinguishing agents
Fluorine-free additives for portable fire extinguishers
The old way
For many years, class B fires were fought using foams that contained chemicals from the PFAS family, which stands for per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances. Regrettably, the use of these PFAS chemicals has raised well documented environmental and health issues, making their future uncertain.
The new revolution
Fulfilling a vision for a safer and greener environment, FFX® is a range of sustainable and top-performing firefighting agents. Tested across many types and brands of portable fire extinguishers, FFX® has shown more than a match for AFFF technology.
New formulation of fluorine-free additives for portable fire extinguishers warrants lifesaving performance, without the environmental cost Tisselt, Belgium, 1 June 2021 – As governments around the world continue to ban the use of firefighting foams containing fluorine,
Discover the twin technologies behind the FFX® solution AFFFs – a safety product with long-term repercussions Aqueous Film Forming Foam (AFFF) has been used in firefighting for more than 50 years, as it rapidly extinguishes
FFX® breakthrough technology combines fluorine-free, biodegradable and sustainable fire extinguishing agents with high performance ratings.
Discover our product line
* Complete range of ratings achievable
- Officially certified proven and repeated market-leading performance
- 100% fluorine-free (no PFAS)
- Highly effective firefighting performance
- Customisable to market needs
- Maximising the use of bio-based raw materials
- No silicones
- State of the art and futureproof fluorine-free solution
- Compatible with SDG & ESG goals
- No harm to human & animal health, or the environment
- Natural & renewable with low environmental impact
- Breaks down into non-toxic components
Meet Incendin, the team behind FFX®
The FFX® product line from Incendin is the culmination of work by R&D teams from three leading companies, Orchidee, Rühl and Uniteq, each with extensive expertise in the development and production of firefighting agents.